Immunizations for the Winter Season
It’s that time of the year again. No, not the Holidays. At least, not yet. Winter is upon us, and the days grow colder by the hour.
A cold and moist environment is a fan favorite of illness-causing bacteria. We’re talking about the flu, the dreaded cold, and even pneumonia.
So if you haven’t gotten your shots yet, now’s the time to drop by our Black Owned Pharmacy Brooklyn,NY. But what vaccines should you get?
Gena Care Pharmacy is here to talk about that. Here are a few annual shots that our Minority-owned business Brooklyn, NY always recommend to our clients whenever they ask:
- Flu Vaccine
– This is for anyone over the age of 6 months. It protects you from the flu and other common cold-weather infections.
– This is for adults over the age of 65. Shingles is a painful rash caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox. It’s a one-time dose, so don’t worry about multiple injections!
– This is for anyone over the age of 2 months. It’s only given once every 10 years, or unless instructed by a doctor. If you haven’t had your refresher shot, it’s included in our Pharmacy services in Brooklyn, New York.
– This is for anyone over 2 months old. Pertussis is also called “whooping cough” that is common among adolescents and adults.
– This is for anyone over 6 weeks. It protects you from blood, brain, and lung infections like pneumonia and meningitis.